Residents have until Friday December 13 to please submit their comments and suggestions on the proposal to expand managed parking to more areas across the city.
The City says it has received requests from subcouncils, business owners, and residents from central business districts and popular recreational areas like Camps Bay and Muizenberg to expand managed parking to these areas due to the rapid increase in demand for on-street parking.
The City proposes to expand managed parking to the following areas:
· Camps Bay (Subcouncil 16)
· Durbanville CBD (Subcouncil 7)
· Muizenberg (Subcouncil 19)
· De Waterkant (Subcouncil 16)
· Kenilworth (Subcouncil 20)
· Newlands and Rondebosch (Subcouncil 20)
· Gardens, Kloof, more streets in the Cape Town CBD (Subcouncil 16)
· Gallows Hill (Subcouncil 16)
Mayoral committee member for transport, Felicity Purchase, said: “Residents still have time to comment on the proposals. The closing date is at midnight on Friday December 13. I encourage all to participate and to air their views. We want as much input as possible so that we can determine the need and the support for the proposal.”
Comments, input and recommendations can be submitted via email to email@example.com or handwritten: deliver to any library or subcouncil office within your area or by visiting: www.capetown.gov.za/haveyoursay