We’ve extended the deadline for our film bursary competition to midnight on Sunday August 7, so you still have a few more days to get your thoughts together and tell us why you should be considered for this great opportunity. This year Vukani is teaming up with the 48 Hour Film Project to give an aspiring film-maker the opportunity to win a sponsored entry into the film challenge and the chance to win a R140 000 bursary to study Film and Television Production Technique at City Varsity. The 48 Hour Film project, which kicks off on Friday August 19, is an international competition which sees film-makers – rookies and pros alike – competing to make the best short film in just 48 hours. Our competition, which runs parallel to the 48 Hour Film Project, is aimed at those who are passionate about film but have not, or have not yet been able to, pursue a qualification in film.
How to enter Write a 500-word essay telling us why you want to make films, who your influences are and why you feel you deserve to win the bursary. Don’t forget to include your full name and surname, contact number and address. The closing date for these essays is midnight on Sunday August 7 Finalists from this first round of entries will then be sponsored to enter the 48 Hour Film Project, during which they will have to complete a four- to -seven-minute film. Only those who turn in their film on time will be eligible for the judging for the bursary prize.
* Entrants must be 18 by 1 January 2017 and have matriculated with a diploma pass.
* If you did not achieve a diploma pass in matric, and are 23 or older, you may enter, but will have to go through the recognition of prior learning (RPL) process.
* Entrants must be available to take up a full-time course of study next year.
* All entrants must complete and submit a four- to seven-minute film on time, with all the required elements to be eligible to win the prize.
* Only the person who personally enters the competition will be eligible for the bursary prize.
* All rules of the 48 Hour Film Project apply. For details see http://www.48hourfilm.com/cape-town-za
( The closing date for entries into the bursary competition is midnight on Sunday August 7.
* No correspondence will be entered into and the judges’ decision is final.
* Entries can be sent to email@example.com or via a message to our Facebook inbox at www.facebook.com/vukani